PRAYER POINTS FOR THE 24/7 PRAYER CHAIN FOR THE BODY OF CHRIST & NIGERIA, May 2 - 8, 2021
THANKSGIVING: Lam_3:22 “It is of the LORD'S mercies that we are not consumed, because his compassions fail not”. Let us greatly thank God that we still have a country called Nigeria, the Church has not been overrun in it; and we are still alive. It is ALL His mighty mercy ALONE.
REPENTANCE: Clearly, but for God’s extravagant grace, Nigeria would have suffered a worse fate than Sodom for her manifold iniquities; and many of us may not have fared better than Lot’s wife. “Except the LORD of hosts had left unto us a very small remnant, we should have been as Sodom” – Isaiah 1.9. P-L-E-A-S-E, let us repent in any way we know to do for ourselves, the Church and for Nigeria. Even this is STILL enough prayer for the week
THEME: STILL on turning the raging evil tide; healing the land. 2 Chron 7.14: “If my people, who are called by my name, shall HUMBLE themselves, and PRAY, and SEEK MY FACE, and TURN FROM THEIR WICKED ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.” [for the first time, some prayers are repeated from previous]
- Nineveh already had its expiry date for total destruction pronounced. They humbled themselves and all fasted – kings, commoners, adults, babies, animals etc. Please weep before God to show us how to humble ourselves in Nigeria to avert looming disaster; including humbling ourselves in God’s house where the love of titles has made vast numbers of ministers become “Rev Dr” without first degrees; and even campus fellowship leaders now bear titles of “Papa”, “Our Papa” etc
- Hezekiah already had his obituary announced by God through one of the greatest prophets of all time. He prayed. Obituary was cancelled. Please earnestly ask to God teach us how to pray to change the drums of oppressive land grab and drums of secession to united songs of peace, unity and joy in the Holy Ghost
- Daniel and his partners did seek the face of God until they had a precise revelation of another man’s dream and the meaning of it, with significance for centuries until the second coming of Jesus Christ. Pray that the Lord will give us grace to seek His face and secure a precise revelation of the lasting solution to Nigeria’s travails to establish righteousness, peace, joy in the Holy Ghost and sustainable progress until Jesus Christ returns.
- Levi was accursed for over 400 years (Jacob’s time unto the time of Moses): “Cursed be their anger… I will divide them in Jacob, and scatter them in Israel” (Gen 49.7). In a crucial moment, he despised evil, sided with God and became God’s super-favourite (the Levites): Exo_32:26 “Then Moses…said, Who is on the LORD'S side?....And all the sons of Levi gathered themselves together unto him.” Pray that Nigerians will turn en masse to the living God in this crucial moment in our nation. Pray especially that Christians shall turn from their evil ways in their marriages, studies, businesses, jobs and even ministries
- Let us specially mourn, repent, and lament before God over Nigerian military men killed by fellow military men in a supposed erroneous bombing by the Nigerian Air Force, the slaughter of IDPs in an IDP camp and all the wanton shedding of innocent blood in the nation. Pray for God to console the families.
- Act 9:3 “And as he journeyed, he came near Damascus: and suddenly there shined round about him a light from heaven” Those rebelling against Christ have advanced near Abuja now. Pray that they, their financiers and masterminds in high and low places suddenly see a light from heaven
- Act 9:4-5 “And he fell to the earth, and heard a voice….And he said, Who art thou, Lord?” Pray that the foot soldiers rebelling against God Almighty, their financiers and masterminds in high and low places shall all fall to the earth by the power of the Most High – for redemption or for destruction as God chooses; and massive numbers shall proclaim Him as Lord and God
- Mal 1:11 “For from the rising of the sun even unto the going down of the same My name shall be great among the Gentiles;…My name shall be great among the heathen”Pray that more Muslims than ever before will come out of Ramadan embracing Christ and exalting the true God
- Pray for missionary groups like CAPRO, Great Commission Movement, NEMA and congregational ministries. Ask God for more wisdom, strength, men and materials to reach out and win the Muslims in greater numbers, including in Southern Nigeria where Muslims have immigrated in large numbers and the atmosphere is more conducive
- Pray that God will prepare, equip and use you to deliver Nigeria as He used David and bless you mightily for it
Pray OTHER PRAYERS as led or burdened
REGISTER & INVITE OTHERS: Be part of this 24x7 prayer chain. Please choose your day and time in the week to pray for 30 mins; then register at http://repent.csmnigeria.org/ Please share and invite others too. Thank you.