PRAYER POINTS FOR THE 24/7 PRAYER CHAIN FOR THE BODY OF CHRIST & NIGERIA, May 16-22, 2021
THANKSGIVING: Please thank the Lord more than ever for your life, family, the Church and Nigeria. It is now abundantly clear that only His mercies have preserved you and any of the above.
REPENTANCE: Confess your sins and take a firm stand to forsake them, so you can bring meat worthy of repentance. After that, only after that please, pray that believers and Nigerians at large will do the same.
THEME: Why do the heathens rage? (Psalm 2)
- Psa 2:2“The kings of the earth set themselves, and the rulers take counsel together, against the LORD, and against his anointed”. O Lord our God, as of old, so it is today in Nigeria. Thank the Lord, praise Him, give Him glory, that in generation after generation, “the heathen rage, and the people imagine a vain thing”; kings line up against the Lord and against His children as in Nigeria today, but they have been defeated except in permitted exemplary cases.
- Humbly bring before the Lord that “the rulers take counsel together, against the LORD, and against his anointed”. It is first and foremost against Him that the “kings…set themselves”. Pray that irrespective of our shortcomings, God will have mercy and defend His name
- Israel was not sinless in Egypt. Yet God in mercy provided the blood of the lamb on their doorposts and judged only Egypt. Pray that the Spirit of God will stir believers in Nigeria to run under the covering of the blood by genuine repentance and obedient living. Pray that as the angel of God dragged Lot and his household out of Sodom, God will merciful “drag” believers out of the pleasures and treasures that have blinded them to escape looming danger.
- Psa 2:4“He that sits in the heavens shall laugh….have them in derision. Then…speak unto them in his wrath, and vex them in his sore displeasure”God must have been laughing at the ongoing land-grabbing and Islamization schemes. Pray that the Lord will now “speak unto them in his wrath, and vex them in his sore displeasure”, bringing mighty deliverance unto His own
- Psa 2:6“Yet have I set my King upon my holy hill of Zion” Pray that all wicked rulers be dethroned and Jesus Christ be enthroned all over Nigeria like never before and through righteous, God-fearing children and by the reign of the righteous, Nigerians shall rejoice once again in an enduring manner
- Heb 11:25“By faith Moses…refused to be called the son of Pharaoh's daughter; choosing rather to suffer affliction with the people of God, than to enjoy the pleasures of sin for a season; esteeming the reproach of Christ greater riches than the treasures in Egypt” Moses esteemed the riches of Christ even when Christ had not been born on earth; how much more we in this generation? Pray that God will teach His children in Nigeria the fear of God and true faith that will cause us to place premium on pleasing God far above any title, pleasures or treasures. Pray that believers will become a “Moses company”, operating “as god” over the Pharaohs of our time; terminating age-long slavery and bondage; bringing mighty deliverance to the Church and the nation.
- Pray that God will have mercy, deliver the students of Greenfield university, fiercely judge all who are involved or complicit in this matter. Also pray that God will bring this wickedness against students and against Christians to a shocking end that will glorify God like never before in Nigeria
- Pray for God to give Leah Sharibu a birthday present of liberation by His own hand and restoration unto glorious living in Christ. Pray that God will release any others like her who may be less popular
Pray OTHER PRAYERS as led or burdened
REGISTER & INVITE OTHERS: Be part of this 24x7 prayer chain. Please choose your day and time in the week to pray for 30 mins; then register at http://repent.csmnigeria.org/ Please share and invite others too. Thank you.