PRAYER POINTS FOR THE 24x7 PRAYER CHAIN FOR THE BODY OF CHRIST & NIGERIA, Feb 12 - 18, 2023
THANKSGIVING & WORSHIP: Psa 23:3 “He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake” It’s a new season for Nigeria and Nigerians – including you and I, and our families. Raise a glad sound in faith. Join the heavenly throng in faith to raise a glad sound over Nigeria and the Body of Christ. Bless the Lord who is able to give us sound minds and help us work the right paths. Praise God for all He has done for you, your family, the Church and Nigeria through 2022….& for greater things He is set to do in 2023.
REPENTANCE: Ask God for mercy and forgiveness for all of your sins, your family’s, the Church and Nigeria; pray for grace to turn and live in obedience; that our land may be healed (2 Chron. 7.14). Also repent for the contributions of Christians to the woes of believers and of Nigeria by ignoring prophetic warnings.
FOCUS: Prayers Against Dangerous, Counterproductive Spirits & Prayers for Productive, Desirable Spirits and Hearts
- Esau Spirit: Gen_25:32“And Esau said, Behold, I am at the point to die: and what profit shall this birthright do to me?” Pray against every spirit and heart that makes even well educated Nigerians not to appreciate the value of their country; makes people unwilling to sacrifice for long term superior benefits
- Cain Spirit: Gen_4:8“And Cain talked with Abel his brother: and it came to pass, when they were in the field, that Cain rose up against Abel his brother, and slew him.” Pray against every spirit that pushes Nigerians to kill; to satisfy their quest for power or money at the expense of the lives of fellow Nigerians
- Balaam Spirit: Pray against the every Spirit that predisposes Nigerians to compromise and condone that which is known to be improper or not the best for Nigeria, because of personal gain
- Saul Spirit: Pray against the Spirit that makes leaders or followers to disobey God to please self or to gain popular following: 1Sa 15:24“And Saul said…, I have sinned: for I have transgressed the commandment of the LORD, and thy words: because I feared the people, and obeyed their voice”
- David Spirit:
- There are unbelievers working against believers or seeking to manipulate, dominate and control Nigeria for selfish ends. Pray that believers will see them as no more than uncircumcised Philistines that stand NO chance against children of God. 1Sa_17:26“For who is this uncircumcised Philistine, that he should defy the armies of the living God?”
- Pray that God will stir and raise for Nigeria a new generation of leaders and followers that will love Nigeria with fiery passion: Psa_137:6 “…let my tongue cleave to the roof of my mouth; if I prefer not Jerusalem above my chief joy.”
- Nehemiah Spirit:
- Pray that God will raise for Nigeria at this time a new generation of leaders and followers that cannot enjoy comfort, joy and peace when Nigeria is not at her best; Neh 2:3“…why should not my countenance be sad, when the city, the place of my fathers' sepulchres, lieth waste, and the gates thereof are consumed with fire?”
- that are ready to forgo personal comfort and pleasure and even to fight in the quest for the good of Nigeria: Neh_4:17“They which builded….every one with one of his hands wrought in the work, and with the other hand held a weapon.”
Pray that the current political transition processes in Nigeria in general will produce righteous and Godly governance; in the advancement of righteousness, peace, joy in the Holy Ghost in Nigeria; and in national transformation and progress. Pray that God’s will alone shall be done and God’s name shall be glorified. Pray over INEC, the Security Agencies, the Presidency, the contestants; for peace etc
- Pray other prayers for current national issues as you have observed or are burdened to pray. Pray also for the ongoing political transition process that there be no hijack, and the next leader shall be of God.
- SPECIAL PRAYER: (a) Lord have mercy on Leah Sharibu and all others abducted and still in the hands of their captors. Please stretch forth Your hand and set free. (b) Defend Your children from Jihad in S/Kaduna, Jos and other Christian territories (c.) Have mercy on IDPs and enable them return to their homes.
REGISTER; INVITE OTHERS: Please join this 24x7 prayer chain. Choose suitable day and time each week that you will pray for just 30 mins. Register at http://repent.csmnigeria.org/ Please share & invite others too. Thank you.