PRAYER POINTS FOR THE 24/7 PRAYER CHAIN FOR THE BODY OF CHRIST & NIGERIA, May 30 – June 8, 2021
THANKSGIVING: Please give God mighty thanks for your life, family, and for the Church and Nigeria, which He has miraculously preserved.
REPENTANCE: Confess your sins and take a firm stand to forsake them, so you can bring meat worthy of repentance. Thereafter, pray that believers and Nigerians at large will do the same, and that God will work in us both to will and to do to His good pleasure henceforth.
THEME: Why do the heathens rage? (Psalm 2)….Continued
- This week opens on the last of 3 days that CAN has called for soberness, mourning, repentance and prayers. Mat 5:4 “Blessed are they that mourn: for they shall be comforted”. Besides Jihadist killings, massive numbers are killed regularly, stealthily, and less noticeably in rituals for money, political power and supposed protection, abortions etc. It is reported that human body parts are sold secretly in almost all major cities. Pray that Nigerians, especially Christians, shall truly mourn over the widespread shedding of blood and other atrocities in the land; and mourn enough for God to release comfort.
- 2Cor_7:10 “For godly sorrow works repentance to salvation” Pray that deep and genuine Godly sorrow will come upon believers in this season, leading unto true repentance and radically transformed lives, in line with the word of God and not the world
- Standing upon the prophetic word of God through Pa Elton, call forth the new era of a globally famous righteousness that is ordained to follow the era of globally reproachful corrupt and unrighteous Nigeria
- CAN called for 3 days of soberness, mourning, repentance and prayers; but many Christians are not aware, many Churches did not announce or participate – even in this season of intensifying war against the Church and the Christian faith. Pray that God will shake the Church out of deadly slumber; and also give the Body of Christ far better administration, cohesion, unity and coordination for optimal effectiveness
- Psa 2:12 “… Blessed are all they that put their trust in him.” Pray that the Church in Nigeria shall truly trust in God henceforth, manifesting in less human scheming, corruption, manipulation etc and greater obedience, prayer and dependence on God, which are the hallmarks of true trust.
- Psa 2:2 Give God glory, that in generation after generation, “the heathen rage, and the people imagine a vain thing”; kings line up against the Lord and against His children as in Nigeria today, but are defeated
- Psa 2:10-12a “Be wise now…O ye kings…ye judges of the earth. Serve the LORD with fear, and rejoice with trembling. Kiss the Son, lest…ye perish…” Pray that, by the working of the Holy Spirit, intensified preaching of the gospel, and sustained prayers of God’s repentant people, true fear of God and submission to the Lordship of Jesus Christ will come on greater numbers of rulers and men in authority across Nigeria
- Psa 2:9 “Thou shalt break them with a rod of iron; thou shalt dash them in pieces like a potter's vessel” Pray that as many as would not have God reign over them but insist on killing Christians and warring against the Christian faith be dashed in pieces. Let them go, that Nigeria and the Church may go forward
- Psa 2:8 “Ask of me, and I shall give thee the heathen for thine inheritance, and the uttermost parts of the earth…” Pray that Nigeria being the Lord’s shall become known and uncontested by the end of 2021
- Pray that God will have mercy, deliver all remaining the students of Greenfield University, fiercely judge all who are involved or complicit in this matter. Also pray that God will bring all wickedness against students and against Christians to a swift and decisive end that will glorify God like never before in Nigeria
- Pray for God to give Leah Sharibu a birthday present of liberation by His own hand and restoration unto glorious living in Christ. Pray that God will release any others like her who may be less popular
Pray OTHER PRAYERS as led or burdened
REGISTER & INVITE OTHERS: Be part of this 24x7 prayer chain. Please choose your day and time in the week to pray for 30 mins; then register at http://repent.csmnigeria.org/ Please share and invite others too. Thank you.