PRAYER POINTS FOR THE 24/7 PRAYER CHAIN FOR THE BODY OF CHRIST & NIGERIA, Aug 1-7, 2021
THANKSGIVING: Bless the name of the Lord; thank and praise Him for yourself, family, the Church and Nigeria
REPENTANCE: Repent for all sins, failings and shortcomings of you and your family, the Church and Nigeria
FOCUS OF THE PRAYERS FOR THE WEEK:
Release of ALL abducted students and other believers being held against their will anywhere in the hands of bandits, herdsmen, unknown gunmen, Boko Haram, any other criminals or Jihadists. How do we pray for anything else when over 120 children have been in the hands of criminal abductors for nearly a month and only a few of these have been released? If any of our children is involved, can we do anything else but focus on their release? The situation is serious enough to STOP ALL ELSE and tackle this situation in prayer; lest the condition of these children degenerates; and the kidnap and abduction menace worsens in Nigeria.
- Ask the Lord for mercy upon His children in Nigeria, upon the little ones abducted, upon their parents, and all of the Church in Nigeria. Pray that the Lord will intervene in mercy, and deliver for His name’s sake.
- 2Sa 22:2 “The LORD is my rock, and my fortress, and my deliverer; the God of my rock; in him will I trust: he is my shield, and the horn of my salvation” Thank the Lord, that He remains our dependable Rock, Deliverer, shield and trustworthy horn of salvation
- 2Sa 22:3-4,7 “…thou savest me from violence. I will call on the LORD, who is worthy to be praised: so shall I be saved from mine enemies…. In my distress I called upon the LORD, and cried to my God: and he did hear my voice out of his temple, and my cry did enter into his ears” Affirm to God that He alone can save these children and the Church from this violence and wickedness. Cry out to God to save these children from their enemies; plead that our cries will enter His ears and that He please respond speedily
- 2Sa 22:8 “Then the earth shook and trembled; the foundations of heaven moved and shook, because he was wroth” Pray the Lord arise in anger against the oppressors of these little children; against all who are keeping students in captivity anywhere in Nigeria, including the abductors of Leah Sharibu.
- Pray that the Lord would shake Nigeria and move the foundations of heaven as He did for David and His children of old; that no one in or outside Nigeria shall be in any doubt that God Almighty Whom Christians in Nigeria serve is the Most High; and that He got angry with the enemies of Christians in Nigeria
- 2Sa 22:9-11“….fire out of his mouth devoured….He bowed the heavens also, and came down….He was seen upon the wings of the wind. Pharaoh who had asked “who is the Lord that I should let you go” eventually pleaded for his oppressed slaves to leave in a hurry. Pray that God should please bow the heavens and come down for the help of the abducted children, Leah Sharibu, and His Church in Nigeria
- 2Sa 22:14“The LORD thundered from heaven….And he sent out arrows, and scattered them; lightning, and discomfited them….He sent from above, He took me; He drew me out of many waters….He delivered me from my strong enemy, and from them that hated me: for they were too strong for me” The Lord is the same yesterday, today and forever. Pray that He will thunder from heaven against all abductors of students, scatter all abductors, their accomplices and supporters in any quarters, uproot all political, spiritual and traditional structures that cause them to multiply and give them room to operate, and deliver ALL the children including Leah Sharibu from enemies too strong for them
- Pray in any other manner you know for the release of ALL abducted students, Christians and innocent Nigerians. Pray for the birthing of a new Nigeria in God’s mercy, in the precise shape of His will and counsel
Pray OTHER PRAYERS as led or burdened
REGISTER & INVITE OTHERS: Be part of this 24x7 prayer chain. Please choose your day and time in the week to pray for 30 mins; then register at http://repent.csmnigeria.org/ Please share and invite others too. Thank you.