PRAYER POINTS FOR THE 24x7 PRAYER CHAIN FOR THE BODY OF CHRIST & NIGERIA, Sept 4 - 10
THANKSGIVING: Psm 36.5-7 “O Thy mercy, O LORD, is in the heavens; and thy faithfulness reaches unto the clouds. Thy righteousness is like the great mountains;....How excellent is Thy loving kindness, O God! therefore the children of men put their trust under the shadow of Thy wings.” Give God thanks, praise and glory for His marvelous attributes and attitude towards you, your family, the Church and Nigeria. Exalt Him
REPENTANCE: Also, ask God for mercy and forgiveness for all of your sins, your family’s, the Church and Nigeria; pray for grace to turn and live in obedience; that our land may be healed (2 Chron. 7.14).
FOCUS: Fulfillment of Prophecies – Pa Elton Prophecy Revisited
“Nigeria and Nigerians will be known all over the world for corruption. Your name, Nigeria, will stink for corruption; but after a while a new phase will come – a phase of righteousness. People from the nations of the earth will hold a Nigerian and say ‘We want to follow you to your nation to go and learn righteousness’ ”
- Isa 19:1,4,10,15 “The burden of Egypt. Behold, the LORD rides upon a swift cloud…and the idols of Egypt shall be moved at His presence....And the Egyptians will I give over into the hand of a cruel lord; and a fierce king shall rule over them....Neither shall there be any work for Egypt, which the head or tail, branch or rush may do.” Please repent with dust, ashes and sackcloth; rend your heart over the idolatry of our ancestors that predisposed us to slavery and colonialism; and now compounded with idolatry of today the ritual killings for money, power, protection etc fostering corruption, confusion etc
- Repent for missionaries killed in course of bringing the gospel to Nigeria for all bloodshed of the past and the present in course of coronations, chieftaincy, festivities and all defilements of the land
- Ecc_10:16 “Woe to thee, O land, when thy king is a child, and thy princes eat in the morning!” Repent of all greed and covetousness; where leaders seek to amass wealth before they generate wealth
- Col_3:5 “Mortify therefore your members which are upon the earth; fornication, uncleanness, inordinate affection, evil concupiscence, and covetousness, which is idolatry” Even “Christians”, ardent Church goers have been heavily involved in adultery and covetous embezzlements. Pray for the Spirit of God to heavily convict all who regularly hear the gospel and call on the name of the Lord
- 2Ch 7:14 “If my people, who are called by My name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land” and John_6:44 “No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him: and I will raise him up at the last day” Pray to God to pull Nigerians out of the miry clay, out of the pit of corruption, graft, pride of life and lust of the eyes leading many to steal to support fake lifestyles
- Psa_11:3 “If the foundations be destroyed, what can the righteous do?” Pray to God to help us get elections right. Flawed electoral systems are a double jeopardy: (a) leaders come in not by the votes so they do not strive to please voters for re-election (b) dependence on thuggery, rigging and vote-buying makes office holders and aspirants seek to amass wealth from office rather than serve; and those not in office seek “godfathers” to sponsor them, who later become burdensome extractors
- Mat 16:19 “And I will give unto thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven: and whatsoever thou shall bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever thou shall loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven” Take authority over every foul spirit behind corruption. Decree/legislate a close of the era of corruption NOW (2022) per first part of Pa Elton’s prophecy; and opening of the era of righteousness
- Pray for God to have mercy on us, deliver us from corruption and usher us into our divine possibilities
- Pray other prayers for current national issues as your have observed or are burdened to pray. Pray also for the ongoing political transition process that there be no hijack, and the next leader shall be of God.
- SPECIAL PRAYER: Lord have mercy on Leah Sharibu and all others abducted and still in the hands of their captors. Stretch forth Your hand and set free. (d) Defend Your children in S/Kaduna, Jos and other Christian territories being targeted by the adversary (c.) Have mercy of IDPs and enable them return to their homes.
REGISTER; INVITE OTHERS: Please join this 24x7 prayer chain. Choose suitable day and time each week that you will pray for just 30 mins. Register at http://repent.csmnigeria.org/ Please share & invite others too. Thank you.