Page 1 of 7
MONDAY 3RD FEBRUARY, 2020
Repent for neglect of God's Word and counsel –
Prayers of Daniel and Nehemiah (Dan 9:1-19; Neh 9:1-38)
Isaiah 66: 2 - … but to this man will I look, even to him that is poor and of a contrite spirit, and trembleth at my word.
Jeremiah 7: 23 - But this thing commanded I them, saying, Obey my voice, and I will be your God, and ye shall be my people: and walk ye in all the ways that I have commanded you, that it may be well unto you.
- The current distress in the land could have been avoided had we, as Christians, heeded the warning of God. In 2014, God specifically warned us that a certain political party should not be supported by Christians. Many Christians, with some church leaders, not only rejected that message but actually attacked it strongly. May we confess and ask God’s forgiveness for ignoring His warning. 1 John 1: 8 - 10
- In 2018, God sent another warning that the Church should be restructured before December of the same year else Christians would lose control of the 2019 elections. Again, the Church not only ignored that warning but some of our leaders condemned it.
Let us specifically ask God’s forgiveness for our stubborn heart and stiff neck. Ps. 51: 10 - 12
- God raised Elders from all the parts of the country to give counsel and admonition to the Church. We have both rejected their admonition and also reproached them. May we confess and ask forgiveness.
1: 6 - But my words and my statutes, which I commanded my servants the prophets, did they not take hold of your fathers?...
- The Lord has warned, “No man can serve two masters” (Matt. 6: 24), yet in Nigeria we have turned Christianity into the worship of mammon. It is necessary to confess and repent.
“Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world”.1 John 2: 15-17. We have prided ourselves in the garments of the world, often struggling to compete with or conform to the world. Rarely have we paid attention to raising disciples in the image of Jesus Christ. Let us confess and ask forgiveness.
- 2 Chro. 7: 14 – We and our leaders have ignored humility and the turning away from wicked ways, yet have kept praying and fasting. God has said, “Nigerian Christians are praying and fasting but, they are not repenting.” May we ask forgiveness for pride and arrogance in the Church.
- Mark 16: 15 - And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.
The Nigeria Church has gradually ignored evangelism and soul winning while placing premium on prosperity and entertainment in the sanctuary. The Great Commission has been ignored, and missions and missionaries are suffering. May we confess and turn from this great disobedience to the command of the Lord.
- John 17: 21 – The call of God to the Nigeria Church is, “That they all may be one”.However, the Church is divided along lines of denomination, ethnicity, and region. May God forgive this sin of disunity and heal us.
- May we also ask repentance from the mystery of iniquity instituted by the Babylonian church to enhance satanic schemes. 2 Thess. 2:7-12.
- May we repent of the Mystery of Iniquity that we have instituted in Nigeria, grieving the heart of God.
- Using the gifts and institutions of God, we have validated satanic schemes and decrees of hell over the nation and individuals in the following areas:
- in politics and governance, occult leaders ratified by the Church have enthroned since 2015 and also in the 2019 elections.
- in traditional institutions, our participation and ratification of their ways have condemned us.
- May we bring up before the Lord some of the other specific sins that have testified specifically against the Church in Nigeria:
- An ultimate hardness of heart from our persistent wicked ways
- Rebellion – Ezk. 43:7-8: setting our human thresholds by His thresholds
- Revelry: Enjoying sinful behaviour and lifestyle, insisting that it is ‘modern’ and acceptable. Ex. 32:1-6.
- Three other iniquities have come out of the above:
a) Attributing the word of God to an idol
b) Raising an altar to the idol.
c) Instituting a feast to the idol.
- Religion: Betrayal of the Lord’s cause. Like Judah, we have sold out the Prince of Peace for 30 shekels of silver.
- In 1 Cor. 5:1-8, the Lord warned against a company that should ordinarily not be associated with His Name as ‘Christians,’ but now we have them in their numbers as Bishops and G.O’s and national leaders. Partaking with them, we also have become, like them,
- Covetous people.
- Idolaters of self, of man, of mammon.
- Any other prayer point as led by the Spirit.