PRAYER POINTS FOR THE 24/7 PRAYER CHAIN FOR THE BODY OF CHRIST & NIGERIA, July 4-10, 2021
THANKSGIVING: Let us thank and praise the Lord, for His great goodness and mighty mercy towards us and our families, the Church and Nigeria through the first half of 2021, that have begun anew this second half
REPENTANCE: Please let us continue from the heart, to ask God for forgiveness of all sins; and do same on behalf of family, the Church and Nigeria. Pray in addition by the working of the Holy Spirit, there will be “a radical change of mind, actions and direction” at all levels, as Dr Mensa Otabil defined repentance.
- In Joshua 7:1-15 God identified, punished and eliminated the person(s), who had sinned, and by that, His fierce anger was turned away. Let us pray that God would come and move through His church in Nigeria and deal with the Achans of our times, as He sees best, as would bring about His turning away from the fierceness of His anger to us as a nation.
- John 2:13-16, our Lord Jesus Christ drove out those that made merchandise of the temple. Let us pray that God would come and do same in churches all over Nigeria, and so sanitize the church.
- 1:23 says Christ is the Head of the Church, which comprises of the members and the ministers of the Church. Call on our Lord Jesus Christ as the Head, to sit as a refiner and purifier of silver: to purify the sons of levi i.e. the leadership / ministers of the different denominations of the church in Nigeria and purge them as gold and silver. Ask the Lord to continue this until they all do nothing other than offer unto God an offering in righteousness, as Mal. 3:4 says, i.e. they and the works of their hands are in line with the righteousness of God
- As it is written in Eze.21:24-27, prophesy against the Jaazaniahs and Pelatiahs in Nigeria, (name them), profane and wicked princes whose day has come when iniquity shall have an end. Pray that the Lord removes their diadem and takes off their crown and abases them. Let the Lord overturn and overturn and overturn until they are no more and gives their thrones to them whose right it is.
- As it is written in Isaiah 22:17-19, let the company of Shebna in Nigeria – satanic treasurers and princes, championing corruption in Nigeria, that have chiseled out a habitation for themselves in the rock, the be away with a mighty captivity and violently turn and toss like a ball into a large country, where God causes them to die. Amen! Let the LORD drive them from their stations and pull them down from their positions, in the name of Jesus Christ. Amen! And as it is written in vs.25, let the LORD of Hosts remove them who have been fastened as a nail in a sure place; cut them down and cause them to fall, and their burden that Nigerians have been carrying be cut off, in the name of Jesus. Amen!
- As God has said in Isaiah 49:24-26, pray that the captives of the mighty shall be taken away, and the prey of the terrible shall be delivered; that God will contend with the sons of the bondwoman in our nation Nigeria, and all that have gathered together to contend with us and save our children, in the name of Jesus Christ. Amen! Let God feed them that have purposed to cut us off with their own flesh, and make them drunken with their own blood as with sweet wine, and by so doing make all nations know that Jehovah is Lord and is Nigeria’s Saviour and Redeemer, the Mighty One of Jacob! In the name Jesus Christ.
- Pray that God will give the government wisdom and restrain them, such that the handling of ongoing trials and protests will not escalate tensions in the land, nor tip the fragile peace
- Lord, please overlook the shortcomings of Your Church and honour Leah Sharibu who honoured You. Please set her free by fire; deliver other abducted Nigerians; and end this Jihadist wickedness
Pray OTHER PRAYERS as led or burdened
REGISTER & INVITE OTHERS: Be part of this 24x7 prayer chain. Please choose your day and time in the week to pray for 30 mins; then register at http://repent.csmnigeria.org/ Please share and invite others too. Thank you.