PRAYER POINTS FOR THE 24/7 PRAYER CHAIN FOR THE BODY OF CHRIST & NIGERIA, July 11-17, 2021
THANKSGIVING: Psalm 31 : 21 (NIV) “Praise be to the Lord, for He showed me the wonders of His love when I was in a city under siege” Let's worship and adore our King Most High, for indeed in a Nation (Nigeria), under siege, in all of our afflictions and persecutions He has continued to shower on us the wonders of His love.
- Cast down by heavy marginalization, incessant raids, kidnappings, rapes, murders, abductions of our children, men, women and forceful extortions and heavy drain of already lean resources, YET, the Church in Nigeria stands and is waxing stronger, becoming more bonded.
- Let's also praise Him for our troubles are pushing us to seek Him and rely on Him more. Hallelujah! The gates of hell cannot prevail against the Church.
REPENTANCE: Father, until the change comes that we so much need, we will not cease repenting and crying to You for mercy. We plead forgiveness for disdaining Your loving cautions against permitting, aiding and giving power to the horn that has today so heavily persecuted and caused us - the Church and entire Nation - untold anguish.
Truly, he that's often rebuked yet hardens his heart is soon destroyed without remedy (Prov. 29.1). Also, the servant that knows his master's will but fails to prepare to do it is whipped with many strokes. We left off pursuits of Kingdom expansion and enlargements, focused on building our own empires, and securing monuments unto ourselves, like the Nimrod generation. Today ashamed, we find they cannot defend us.
Yet, DADDY, Abba, Almighty Father; with You is everlasting kindness. In wrath, remember mercy, oh our God! Lord, we are sorry. Forgive us, Lord and bring down Your glory in higher measure, greater dimensions than ever. Not unto us, not because of us, but unto You and because of Your name, which the heathen, in particular, sons of the bondwoman have sought to drag in the mud. Mercy, mercy, oh Lord, we cry!. In mercy, turn again the captivity of the Church and Nation, oh Lord. (Please look up lyrics of Panam Percy Paul's “BRING DOWN THE GLORY” and repent with the wording i.e. the lyrics if you can. See the Appendix below)
- Lord, arise in the thunder of Your power; overturn and remove the royal robes, the diadem and the crown of every ruler and persons in authority who deploy their offices in sponsoring, practicing and covering wickedness. Their seats let the Modecais and Your Esthers take swiftly…suddenly…without delay, Lord.
- Psalm 18: 32-33 “It is God who arms me with strength and keeps my way secure. He makes my feet like the feet of a deer; He causes me to stand on the heights.” Father, please refortify Your Church in Nigeria, particularly, Your intercessors and all who travail, with strength, vigour, and keep our ways secure.
- Oh Lord, in Your mighty mercy, cause kidnappers, terrorists, killer herdsmen, unknown gunmen, bandits, other faces of organized evil targeted against Your people to experience the terror of Yahweh and in hurry and intense confusion release all captured, including Leah Sharibu; in the mighty name of Jesus Christ. Amen
- Lord, let Your hand also be mighty against those who sponsor, equip, cover up or condone and pamper evil doers in Nigeria; including other nations that aid and abet wickedness in Nigeria against Your people
- Father, in mercy grant rest to Your people…and grant us grace and wisdom not to trifle and lose it again.
Pray OTHER PRAYERS as led or burdened
REGISTER & INVITE OTHERS: Be part of this 24x7 prayer chain. Please choose your day and time in the week to pray for 30 mins; then register at http://repent.csmnigeria.org/ Please share and invite others too. Thank you.
PANAM PERCY PAUL : “BRING DOWN YOUR GLORY” (Lyrics)
Lord, we are sorry
We've turned around and gone astray
Your trust for us we have betrayed
Your power we don't recognize
Your lordship we have all despised
We cannot pretend
We all now repent
Forgive us Lord, we pray
Bring down your glory
Bring down your glory
Where is all the power we have heard about?
Your glory and protection for the ones you died for?
Something must be truly wrong
Please, Jesus, what can it be?
I hear your voice speaking to my conscience
The church has turned from you
And trusting in their doctrines
Giving praise to people
And never talking of your power
Lord, we are sorry…