PRAYER POINTS FOR THE 24/7 PRAYER CHAIN FOR THE BODY OF CHRIST & NIGERIA, Aug 22-28, 2021
THANKSGIVING: “I will praise Thee, O LORD, with my whole heart; I will show forth all Thy marvelous works” – Psm 9.1
REPENTANCE: Repent for your sins, those of your family, of the Church and Nigeria. Repent particularly for
all the bloodshed in the nation; and repent for the apathy of the Church in the South towards believers in Northern Nigeria and their plight.
- “...on this rock I will build My Church...” Matt 16.18 Ask God to cleanse, purify, strengthen, unite and build His Church in Nigeria
- “Bear ye one another's burdens, and so fulfill the law of Christ” – Gal 6.2 Pray for God by His Spirit to teach the Church in Nigeria to bear one another’s burden, to care about the plight of fellow believers, at the individual level; and regarding the largely free and privileged believers in the South towards the besieged believers in the North
- “For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.” – Eph 2.10 Pray that God will remove all barriers, seductions, distractions in the way of His Church in Nigeria and His Church shall manifest exemplary good works and ways that will advertise the gospel, command respect and following, and secure God’s healing and restoration upon the land
- “Thou hast rebuked the heathen, Thou hast destroyed the wicked, Thou hast put out their name forever and ever” Psalm 9.5 Pray fervently for believers in Plateau and Benue States and in Southern Kaduna; that the plans of the wicked to wreck Christianity in the Middle belt will utterly fail and backfire by fire. Pray that the worst devises of the enemy will rather trigger mighty revival
- “And He shall judge the world in righteousness, He shall minister judgment to the people in uprightness. The LORD also will be a refuge for the oppressed, a refuge in times of trouble. And they that know Thy name will put their trust in Thee: for Thou, LORD, hast not forsaken them that seek Thee....When He avenges for blood, He remembers them: He forgets not the cry of the humble. Have mercy upon me, O LORD; consider my trouble which I suffer of them that hate me, Thou that lifts me up from the gates of death” – Psm 9.8-10; 12-13 Pray everything promised here for the Church and for Nigeria and for Afghanistan
- “Put them in fear, O LORD: that the nations may know themselves to be but men” – Psm 9.20 Let God arise and do this in Nigeria in mercy for the IDPs, the besieged Church and for His name’s sake.
- P-L-E-A-S-E pray, pray, pray for release of the children abducted early in July, for Leah Sharibu and others in captivity; and pray that God would in mercy uproot the root cause(s) of this wickedness in Nigeria including the vain imaginations against the Lord .
Pray OTHER PRAYERS as led or burdened
REGISTER & INVITE OTHERS: Be part of this 24x7 prayer chain. Please choose your day and time in the week to pray for 30 mins; then register at http://repent.csmnigeria.org/ Please share and invite others too. Thank you.