PRAYER POINTS FOR THE 24x7 PRAYER CHAIN FOR THE BODY OF CHRIST & NIGERIA, March 26 – April 1, 2023
THANKSGIVING & WORSHIP: Psa 34:3 “O magnify the LORD with me, and let us exalt his name together”
Is our God not wonderful and marvelous? If it had not been for the Lord, blood, tears and confusion would have enveloped Nigeria. God has spared our youth and the nation while quietly resolving the injustices. Despite the undesirable things we see around us, God has already given us the victory! O, let’s magnify the Lord; let’s exalt His holy name. It’s a new season for Nigeria and Nigerians – including you and I, and our families. SATAN AND HIS AGENTS CANNOT STOP OR REVERSE THIS. Join heaven’s angels in faith to raise a glad sound in faith over Nigeria and the Body of Christ. Praise God for all He has done for you, your family, the Church and Nigeria & for greater things He is set to do NOW !
REPENTANCE: Truly repent and ask God for mercy and forgiveness for all of your sins, your family’s, the Church and Nigeria, and for the contributions of Christians to the woes of believers and of Nigeria by ignoring prophetic warnings. Pray for grace to turn and live in obedience; that our land may be healed (2 Chron. 7.14)
FOCUS: Praising and thanking God by faith with Psalm 34
PRAYER POINTS :
- Gen_1:14“And God said, Let there be lights in the firmament of the heaven to divide the day from the night; and let them be for signs, and for seasons, and for days, and years” and Psa 8:6“Thou madest him to have dominion over the works of Thy hands; Thou hast put all things under his feet” ALL things are under the feet of God’s consecrated children. Having repented and reinforced your righteousness through the blood of Jesus Christ, command both lesser and greater lights to change Nigeria’s season from seasons of corruption, darkness, dominance of evil and unbelievers to seasons of righteous, peace, joy in the Holy Ghost; of dominion of the righteous; of nations coming to Nigeria to learn righteousness; of rapid and sustained socio-economic progress etc [name other desirable elements of the new season and command the lights to conform like Joshua commanded the sun]
- Psa 34:4“I sought the LORD, and he heard me, and delivered me from all my fears” We have sought You hard and long O God. Thank You mightily for You have heard Your Church and Your children in Nigeria. You are SURELY delivering us from all our fears.
- Psa 34:5“They looked unto him, and were lightened: and their faces were not ashamed” Ah, Lord God, we are lightened, our faces shall not be shamed. Thank the Lord that He is working things out for the faces of the wicked and unGodly to hang down in shame.
- Psa 34:6“This poor man cried, and the LORD heard him, and saved him out of all his troubles” O the poor have cried and cried: to get their own money from banks; for their lands being seized in the North East, North Central, Kaduna etc; for family members massacred, for oppression in IDPs; for their votes cannibalized etc. Thank God by faith that this is the season of their deliverance from ALL their troubles in this season
- Psa 34:7“The angel of the LORD encampeth round about them that fear him, and delivereth them” Thank the Lord by faith that just as His angels stopped Balaam, His angels in Nigeria are stopping election riggers, cultists, Jihadists etc and they shall not have their way just as Balak, Herod and Pharaoh could not have their way through the ministry of God’s angels
- Psa 34:8-10 “O taste and see that the LORD is good: blessed is the man that trusteth in him. O fear the LORD, ye his saints: for there is no want to them that fear him. The young lions do lack, and suffer hunger: but they that seek the LORD shall not want any good thing” Thanks God by faith that it is not the cultists and Jihadist prowling about like lions that will laugh last, but His children “that fear Him” and “that seek the Lord” Magnify the Lord that the time has come that the lions to be disgraced and swept away
- Psa 34:11“Come, ye children, hearken unto me: I will teach you the fear of the LORD. What man is he that desireth life, and loveth many days, that he may see good? Keep thy tongue from evil, and thy lips from speaking guile. Depart from evil, and do good; seek peace, and pursue it. The eyes of the LORD are upon the righteous, and his ears are open unto their cry” Most of the rigging has been supervised by lecturers and youth corpers, who later cry over closed schools, non-payment of lecturers etc. Pray fervently that God will “teach...the fear of the LORD” to ALL Nigerians; to “Keep thy tongue from evil, and thy lips from speaking guile. Depart from evil, and do good”
- Psa 34:16-17 “The face of the LORD is against them that do evil, to cut off the remembrance of them from the earth. The righteous cry, and the LORD heareth, and delivereth them out of all their troubles” Thank God by faith that “the iniquity of the Amorites” in Nigeria is filled, that His face is against them “to cut off the remembrance of them from the earth” and to deliver the righteous “out of all their troubles”. Even so do speedily NOW O God as you did for Israel at the Red Sea and for Peter against Herod
- Pray other prayers for current national issues as you have observed or are burdened to pray. Pray also for the ongoing political transition process that there be no hijack, and the next leader shall be of God.
- SPECIAL PRAYERS: Pro_29:2“When the righteous are in authority, the people rejoice” (a) That through the courts or by any means God chooses in His sovereignty, God will reverse and restore every stolen political mandate and establish the true choice of Nigerians (b) that God will avenge the adversary of His Children in Nigeria (c) Lord have mercy on Leah Sharibu and all others abducted and still in the hands of their captors. Please raise political leaders that will set them free. (d) Defend Your children from Jihad in S/Kaduna, Jos and other Christian territories (e.) Have mercy on IDPs and enable them return to their homes.
REGISTER; INVITE OTHERS: Please join this 24x7 prayer chain. Choose suitable day and time each week that you will pray for just 30 mins. Register at http://repent.csmnigeria.org/ Please share & invite others too. Thank you.